Monday, November 7, 2011

Copycat: Wood Traditional Bed

Here is the absolutely stunning Restoration Hardware bed of my DREAMS. The St. James bed is the perfect amount of traditional and modern. Excellent detail, hand crafted wood, TO DIE FOR.


without the footboard (which I prefer since it makes it less bulky for a more modest bedroom)


with the footboard, just as fab but a little larger scale

I was totally sold on this, but with the $2120-$2485 price tag Nic wasn't too sold on it. So I did some online hunting to find a similar bed for a cheaper price. This is what I found:


Raymour and Flanigan Verona King Panel Bed $1399.95
This one is only ok. It doesn't have as much style as the Restoration Hardware bed. It is almost a little too traditional since the wood has not been distressed. BUT it is substantially cheaper. Just not sure if I love it.


Eastover Traditional Wood Panel Bed furnituretent.com $1099.99
This bed is a little more comparable to the St. James bed. A lot of the detail is the same including the dentil trim and bun feet. It looks to be good quality. The grey driftwood finish gives it a younger more contemporary feel to the highly traditional design. This definitely could be a competitor to the Restoration Hardware bed. Another aspect that is great is every piece I buy from this set would be less expensive than at Restoration Hardware. That could add up to a lot of money in savings. If we decide on a wood panel bed this just might be the one!


Disclaimer: No, I'm not engaged yet I'm just helping Nic furnish the condo a little more :)

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is beautiful and I'm drooling over the restoration hardware bed.Your alternative is an awesome choice! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever ordered from Furniture Tent? I too an completely in love with the St. James bed, and want it so badly, but its so pricey! I have read some not so great reviews about furnituretent.com...I would like to talk to someone who has actually ordered from them....

    ReplyDelete