Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday Wish List- Fur Pillows

Do you ever look on Pinterest or stalk other people's blogs and think I WISH I had that outfit, or that bag, or that couch, or her hair etc. Well, I know I do. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for the things that I do have. I have been incredibly blessed in my life with amazing parents who have gone out of their way to support me through school (and let's be honest, kind of spoil me). My boyfriend spoils me rotten, I mean r-o-t-t-e-n (you should have seen last years Christmas/ Birthday,/Anniversary extravaganzas). So I want you all to know that my wish list picks are not me coveting things....its simply my way of showing you all what I think is new and hot right now! Some of these picks may even be things I would never use in my own home or wear because it's out of my comfort zone, but for whatever reason I'm just drawn to it!

So this week what I've just been dying over is furry pillows! Kind of random...but here's my explanation.
1. I've been watching tons of Keeping up with the Kardashians and Khloe and Kourtney have some amazing fur accents in their homes. Especially the chinchilla on Kourtney's bed. I also found out that Kourt is a huge Z Gallerie fan, which I am too!


2. Faux Fur is HUGE in fashion this fall. I consider myself a very classic girl when it comes to clothes. I try to stay away from trends because they're fleeting. I'd rather buy well made, higher quality clothes that will last a long time than waste my money on ill-fitting trendy stuff from H&M that shrinks after one wash (sorry H&M lovers but their clothes are cut soooo weird!). I wish I had the confidence to pull off wearing fur around Provo, but I feel like that is saved for celebrities and the obnoxiously wealthy. So I'd rather have a little touch of fur in my home.

Celebs in Fur...AMAZING. Me in fur...total wannabe.

I'm really loving the fur pillow right now because it's fun and unique. I love texture; I actually think I love texture more than color. So the texture of fur is a real treat for me when incorporated into a design scheme. Here are some pics...

For Wednesday Wish List posts I'll always end with how to get the trend yourself.  I feel that if you really want something you should research it thoroughly. There will always be a pricey version and a cheaper version of basically the same thing; the wallet buster and the within reach if you will. It's up to you which one to choose. Sometimes it makes sense to go with the more expensive piece because it will last longer or you just can't live without it. Most of the time however, you can be happy with the less expensive object. Or at least that's what I've come to realize. So for our furry pillow wish there is...

The Wallet Buster 
Sorry this picture is so tiny but apparently Neiman Marcus is very protective of their photos. These babies are the Adrienne Landau Fur Pillows sold exclusively at Neiman for $150. Her fur pillows span in price all the way to $1,200. So $150 is kind of a steal!...I guess...

Within Reach


Pottery Barn- Ombre Faux-Fur Pillow Cover- $39.00. Gotta love PB! And how cute is the monogram!

I had a ton of fun writing this post! Check in tomorrow for more from Home Trends Utah! -Lea


1 comment:

  1. I love the pottery barn pillow with the monogram.. I would never think to decorate with fur pillows. thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete