Monday, September 17, 2012

Utah Valley Parade of Homes 2012 Winner: Beautiful McEwan Craftsman

Exterior Elevation

Gorgeous light installation in the entry.

The Living Room



The Kitchen
Wolf Appliances, swoon...
The dining area with breathtaking views.

I spotted a Sunburst mirror. My fave!

The Master Bedroom and Master Bath



The Girl's Room. How feminine and darling.


The Girl's Bath. Love all the vintage accents.

The Boy's Room. I found this super sophisticated for a young boy...kinda bachelor pad-like.

Bed in the guest room. Probably my least favorite piece of furniture in the house. The reclaimed barn wood headboard makes me feel like I am destined to get a splinter from that thing.
Family room in the basement. Very industrial inspired.
 

The lovely pool

This home won the People's Choice Award this year and it is clear to see why. This was my favorite home in the Parade by far. It felt modern yet elegant. This is a very unique home and I think there is something to be said about the innovative choices made by the design and architectural teams. Click here to see more of Matt McEwan's amazing work.

Here are my top 3 loves and loathes:
I loved:
1. The color scheme!
2. The incorporatyion of modern and vintage elements
3. The views!

I loathed:
1. The boy's room. It was much too metro for me (sorry :( )
2. The fact that it did not have a formal dining. It is a huge house so I think a dining room would be appropriate.
3. The guest room was a total fail in my opinion.

Overall I really loved this home. I can't wait to see what is in the Parade next year! Let me know what you think of this home. Leave a comment with your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. The view definitely makes this house, especially from the dining room and the master bedroom.

    ReplyDelete