Thursday, March 21, 2013

Skinny Quiche Cups


The hubby and I are starting a low carb diet and one of my go-to meals is this super quick and easy mini quiche recipe. I originally found the recipe on Pinterest and it came from this site. I wanted to share the general ingredients that make up the recipe with my friends here on the blog. Make it your own by customizing with different veggie choices. Mushrooms, kale, red onions, and hot peppers could be yummy to experiment with. Enjoy!

Skinny Mini Quiche Cups

  • the whites of 6 eggs
  • 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped veggies...I used 3/4 cup total of chopped onion, red pepper, and green pepper
  • 10 oz. frozen spinach cooked and squeezed dry
  • 3/4 cup of cheese (you can use fat free, but I prefer to use a nice cheddar to get my dairy intake for the day)
  • Hot Sauce (optional)...I use Frank's hot sauce and do 3 shakes
  • sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir. Separate into 12 foil baking cups in a muffin tin.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and you are done! Super easy, low carb, and yummy!








No comments:

Post a Comment